Continued Stories


To View My Other Blog with my Continued Stories click HERE

Monday, April 14, 2014

IN DENIAL


When Lord?

 
“In denial simply stated means denying that which is obvious?”

 I ran across this statement while thinking along this line, “The Unanswered Prayers.

 
“I have found some religious believers who are willing to admit that a prayer might have gone unanswered. They usually note that even though it failed in the sense in which they intended it, they still gained something else from the act of praying. Maybe it is an increased sense of calm, clarity, relaxation, or reassurance. I'm usually content to take them at their word that prayer helps them feel better in this way. Without the supernatural baggage, it makes sense that prayer would offer the benefits of meditation or relaxation. In this sense, perhaps unanswered prayers are still beneficial”.
Atheist Revolution

Julie Munro wrote;

“Yet faced with a disease that does not let up its crippling attacks do you begin to deny who Jesus is? Do you lose faith in the One who can help you because your situation is not turning out the way you expected or wanted?

When questioned about your faith in the situation you face do you deny Gods ability by making excuses for why you are not healed?”

While it is difficult to answer others why prayer didn’t have the desired result it is even more difficult to explain it to yourself.

Watching a loved one fade away while you are holding on to God’ promises tests the strongest among us. Their faith is put on trial as it were and the thoughts go through their minds “It don’t work.”  It certainly becomes paradoxical when along side are the prayers that absolutely worked especially when the miraculous was involved.

It leaves the believer seeking the essence of truth concerning the why and why not of prayer.

On a personal note there have been many, many prayers that have flat not been answered. I have long ago decided not to make up some excuse for God not hearing and fulfilling my request. It goes without saying the request was worthy, and was prayed on a scriptural basis but without the desired result.

Every Christian who has prayed has had to face this issue of unanswered prayer.  Some deny that any prayer that is uttered is unanswered and continue to defend it by listing reason why it might seem there was no answer but still the premise of always receiving the answer.

On a personal level I have accepted the fact that God knows best and there are somethings I must endure and yet still maintain my faith in God. There is something about Job’s attitude that encouraging me “Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him.”  I find this far superior to whining and allowing my faith in God to weaken.

Unanswered prayer is a paradox the Christian must face but then they pick themselves up and continue on as if nothing happened. My faith doesn’t rest on how many times I’m successful in praying but in God himself.
 
I like the way it is said in the song; “The solid rock.
 
My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness;

I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.

 
Refrain:

On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand


When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.


His oath, His covenant, His blood
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.

 
When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found;
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.

 

 
Sue Bohlin has some interesting thoughts on this subject check it out.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment