Continued Stories


To View My Other Blog with my Continued Stories click HERE

Sunday, September 28, 2014

AM I HAPPY?



UN- HAPPY Couple
 
Strange as it seems you can go through life and never be sure if you are really happy for there is no measuring stick for happiness.

We can limit our happiness by measuring it by degrees. For one thing there are too many elements for being happy.  Everything that has or will touch you in some way becomes part of the equation. There are too many things to mention but to name a few, your education.  I could have done better, should have got more but it wasn't important at the time, and now I am suffering for it.  

We can see failure everywhere if we just look for it and are ruled by our past.  Your looks, even if you are pretty, you are not sure if everyone thinks you are, so you spend your time and money trying to correct your perceived flaws.  I knew a minister who jokingly said; I think an apprentice angel must have worked on my nose because it isn't exactly what I wanted.  

Cosmetic surgery has been the rage for the last sixty years. Bigger this and less of that will surly make me feel good about myself. Sometimes husbands want their wives to undergo the knife so he can be proud of her.  

As a boy I receive great deal of education from the national geographic magazine. We were too poor to subscribe for them but they were at the library.  I was astounded at some of the things I saw.

There were articles where people native to Africa did hideous things to be accepted within their tribes. They would actually stick bones in their body.  Cut their flesh to make scars and make permanent markings in their skin.  

Of course one shouldn't blame them for they were illiterate, primitive people seeking for self esteem. 

This has been a heathen practice from the beginning and will be till the end.  

It is interesting that there are tattooers for Jesus suckering Christians into paying them money to disfigure them. 

Leviticus 19:28 You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the LORD.  

The tattoo people try to defend their practice by saying well GOD didn't like it under the law but He changed HIS mind after Christ came, and some simple minded fools will unwisely buy that explanation.   

If you are not happy without a piercing or tattoo you are not going to be happy after getting them. If you want marks on your body do it the old fashion way like Paul did and suffer many beatings for preaching the gospel.  

Galatians 6:17 From now on let no one cause me trouble, for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcjK9yyER1Q

 
This post is shared at “Tell Me a True Story.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment