Continued Stories


To View My Other Blog with my Continued Stories click HERE

Monday, March 10, 2014

MY DAYS ARE ORDERED

 
We sing this is the day the Lord has made, I will be glad and rejoice in it.
 
Do we understand the value of this day and our relationship to it?
 
A day without value does not exist. It is up to the individual to discover and maximize it’s value.
 
Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be.
Remind me that my days are numbered—
How fleeting my life is.
You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand.
My entire lifetime is just a moment to you;
At best, each of us is but a breath.”
If one’s life span is measured in days it will be shortened by one day tomorrow.

What value have I placed on today?
 
Price is what you pay.  Value is what you get.
Warren Buffett

You are paying a price for this day, but are you getting full value?
 
People hang mottos on their wall which are ignored for the most part but perhaps one that should be engraved upon the walls of your heart is “Can I afford to waste today?”
 
On occasion we hear “I’m just going to kick back today and do nothing!” Meaning I need to escape the pressures of life for a few hours but that isn’t a waste.
 
A waste is when we do something which is unprofitable for your self and others.  It could be many things like an unworthy act that will take a lifetime to live down or failure to maximize your abilities.
 
This is the day the Lord has made, don’t waste it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment