Continued Stories


To View My Other Blog with my Continued Stories click HERE

Thursday, March 6, 2014

TONGUES??? (Tongue in cheek)

 
A rebellious questioning person will say some pretty dumb things such as:
 
If there is one thing I can do without it is speaking gibberish and calling it prayer,- -
 
Even though the Bible says in 1 Corinthians 14:2 For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God.  Indeed, no one understands him; he utters mysteries with his spirit.
 
Well my church doesn't believe this part of the Bible!  Besides those who spoke in tongues were ignorant and didn't know any better.
 
Acts 2:4  They were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they began to speak different languages.
 
They believed Holy Spirit was giving them the power to do this.
 
Furthermore, my Pastor says, the HOLY SPIRIT doesn't do that any more. How can my spirit know how to pray it takes my soul to know what GOD wants to hear and how to get prayer answered?
 
That part where Peter was preaching to Cornelius and his relatives and friends - - we can't be sure that that really happened even though the Bible says so.
 

Act 10:44-46  While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came down on all those who were listening to his speech. The Jewish believers who came with Peter were amazed that the Holy Spirit had been poured out as a gift also to people who were not Jews. They heard them speaking different languages and praising God.
 
If GOD did that for them why doesn’t He do it today?
 
Now in 1Corinthians 12 Paul says he doesn't want us to be ignorant and he tries to get us to believe that GOD wants people to speak in tongues.
 
The whole thing is ridiculous the whole thing in that passage from verse 4-11 is a bunch of hooey because we don't need it today.
 
Looking further down in 1 Corinthians 12:27-30 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.  And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues. Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all workers of miracles?  Have all the gifts of healing? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret?
 
We might mistakenly think that from that scripture, believers should speak in tongues. My professor says, we don't need tongues any more than the rest of the stuff mention there or in Ephesians 4:11-12  either;
 
Might as well do away with the rest of this verse - - -And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers  For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ.  Who needs them?
 
1 Corinthians 14:4  He that speaks in an unknown tongue edifies himself.
 
I don't need to be edified and GOD can just keep His tongue business.
 
1 Corinthians 14:5  I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.
 
It says right there tongues doesn't do the church any good unless there is an interpreter and as far as Paul saying he wished we all spoke in tongues I don't think he knew what he was talking about.
 
1 Corinthians 14:14-15  For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitful. What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.
 
Just because he wrote a part of the Bible that doesn't mean we have to do what he says we can just skip that part of the Bible. Also there is some of the stuff Jesus said I don't accept!
 
If I believed this stuff about tongues I would talk to GOD all the time like it says in; 1Corinthians 14:2 For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God.
 (And perhaps that would be a good idea!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment