Continued Stories


To View My Other Blog with my Continued Stories click HERE

Monday, May 26, 2014

BEING TIRED


 

If there is one thing that stands out in my life it is being tired. Yes I'm tired in any way and in every way that it is possible that you can be tired.

I go to bed tired, and wake up tired. I go through the day being tired and I wait for time to pass so I can go to bed.

I'm tired of wars we can't win, and the tragedy that accompanies them. The finest men of our country are slaughtered and maimed to the point of their lives and families are destroyed.

I'm tired of politicians whose only interest is self promotion, and tired of being ruled by idiocy.

I'm tired of legislation that is designed to promote an illogical philosophy thought up by some ne'er-do-well, and is designed to exercise control over people.

I'm tired of some people taking advantage of others where some are made rich, and others struggle to survive.  

In short I'm tired of these and many other things.

Even though I'm tired - - it is no excuse to be slothful and become useless especially as it refers to the kingdom of GOD.

The Gospel has been promoted by Saints that were tired; those who have counted their ministry more important than their creature comforts.

John 4:6  Now Jacob's well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well: and it was about the sixth hour.

This scripture kinda grabbed me as I read and thought about it. Never had I thought about Jesus being tired. He had every reason to complain about his journey, but yet he saw his mission to the end.

As he sat at the well he saw an opportunity to do some good and proceeded to take advantage of the moment.  John 4:7  There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink. 

What occurred next was a dialogue where questions were asked and answered and promises made by Jesus. As the saying goes the rest is history.

This message was good for me. Even though I'm tired as Galatians 6:9 admonishes Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary.

There is a song whose lyrics are in part;

"Nothing's impossible I have found, For when my chin is on the ground,
I pick myself up; Dust myself off, Start All over again."

 
This post is shared at “Tell Me a True Story.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment