Continued Stories


To View My Other Blog with my Continued Stories click HERE

Monday, October 13, 2014

Let My Words Please The Lord


 

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. Psalms 19:14

Let all of the words I speak and all the thoughts I think be acceptable to you “Oh GOD”.

As I sat thinking about a myriad of non-essential things these words drifted up out of my heart (spirit).

As I allowed them to rule the moment I asked myself; how long has it been since I prayed this prayer along with David. I must confess it has been too long for my mind has been filled with the things of daily living.

There is an old song we don’t hear much anymore and that is “Take time to be holy” and as it has been said; it takes time to be holy.

This time must needs be spent before the LORD speaking words of adoration and meditation on his majesty.

How important is meditating on GOD? It is essential for it is there He reveals Himself to his children.

This is one of the checks we need to often make. Test yourselves.
2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith.

What do the words of my mouth reveal about me?

As I listen to what I am saying does it reflect the spiritual heart of Psalms 19:14?

How important is it to stay on course?

Ask the astronauts for they were off just a partial degree they would miss their destination completely.

So also we as Christians need to stay on course lest we fail to be the examples GOD intends us to be. Let Psalms 19:14 be our daily challenge so we are acceptable in His sight.


This post is shared at “Tell Me a True Story.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment