Continued Stories


To View My Other Blog with my Continued Stories click HERE

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Resolutions I Should Keep This Year


Resolutions courtesy photobucket
 
I am making a list of resolutions for the New Year that I Intend to keep.

So far I haven’t wrote anything down but am still thinking.

Something that has come to mind and is halfway to the paper is “Don’t talk yourself into doing anything you shouldn’t do.”

You will be able to concoct as many reasons for doing it as your comfort level needs but it still won’t be the right thing to do. 

If there is a small voice that had been pushed as far into the background as you could push it - - is still saying this isn’t right, then don’t do it!

What is a conscience for if not to save you from doing a wrong thing?

Those who are spiritual are supposed to listen to the quickening of the Spirit of GOD when they are going to sin that is to Talk themselves into doing a wrong thing.  But based on personal experience at times my batteries have been allowed to run down in my spiritual hearing aids.

People like to put mottos on plaques on their walls to encourage whoever reads them but one I haven’t seen on any wall is: “If it ain’t right then don’t do it and don’t talk your self into doing it.”

While it isn’t popular to buy into accepting what the bible says about always doing what is right but it is the right thing to do.

Genesis 4:7 “You will be accepted if you do what is right.  But if you refuse to do what is right, then watch out! Sin is crouching at the door, eager to control you. But you must subdue it and be its master”.

"DON”T OPEN THE DOOR.”  There is nothing on the other side but bad news not only for yourself but everybody that could be involved.

Well my pen has made its way to the resolutions paper and I have written;

“Don’t talk yourself into doing anything you shouldn’t do”. I think this will help me have a “Happy New Year”.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment