Continued Stories


To View My Other Blog with my Continued Stories click HERE

Monday, January 13, 2014

THE END OF THE DAY


End of the Day
courtesy photobucket
 
Oft times I am quicken by the realization I must face the end of the day.

Because of past experience I think of it with dread.  It makes me wish I could be one of the masses which are not burdened with thinking and live their lives oblivious to those they touch. 

They care not for others and long since their sensibilities lie in a comatose state of connivance which is a protective devise should something try to stir up empathy for a downtrodden wretch.

This is not to be for though so often I fail to feel for persons who suffer tragedy.  I know I must face my actions at the end of the day.  Beyond that I know the events are imprinted in my mind and will emerge at an importune time and inflict as much pain as they are capable of.

In the midst of this undesired happening I cry out in prayer, “Is there no answer to help me “and I always get the same response.

The first commandment is; “You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.” The second is equally important: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

This is tough to swallow and I will have to deny my natural instincts to accomplish this.  Perhaps if I could have another word, one which would modify the harshness it inflicts to the present state of my soul.

1 Corinthians 13:1-7 If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 

If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing.

If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.

Love is patient and kind.  Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude.  It does not demand its own way.  It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged.  It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out.

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

Proverbs 4:23 “Above all else, guard your heart (mind), for everything you do flows from it”.

2 Corinthians 10:4 “Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ”

It looks like the only way to change; “The end of the day” is for me to change.

The answer lies within the scriptures.  Especially, “Bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment